In the course, you learn to:
- Use decompression calculus computer programs and diving computers to planify and make dives with a total decompression no longer than 10 minutes, and a maximum depth of 40 metres.
- The use of a decompressive gas cylinder, with a maximum EANX of 50% (Nitrox 50) to increase the security for the required decompression. From this point, the Tec 40 course prepares the divers for the future Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
- All the abilities and necessary practical skills are demanded to dive with a Tec40 configuration and to know how to solve any emergency that could ocurre at that depth.
The equipment used in tec diving is similar to the recreative one, but with some slight modifications to improve your capacity for facing tec diving conditions.
The educational stuff consists on the Tec Deep Diver Crew Pak, which explains:
- Tec diving terminology
- Emergency procedures
- Decompression and use of lateral cylinders.
- Planification to calculate the gas that will be necessary.
The pak includes a manual, a diving material check list and a diving planification slate board.
The optional DVD Equipment Set-up and Key Skills is a great tool to work at home while doing the dives from the course. This manual is used until the Tec 50 level. This means that you will not have to pay for more manuals in case you want to continue your formation in tec diving.
- Be PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or similar)
- Be PADI Enriched Air Diver (or similar)
- Be PADI Deep Diver (or similar)
- Have a medical certificate signed by a doctor.
- Have at least 50 registered dives, of wich 10 must be with enriched air, 12 must be deeper than 18 metres and 6 deeper than 30 metres.
If your goal is to be a tec diver and you feel motivated about the course, you just have to contact us to plan your formation and set dates. Our expert instructors are waiting for you!