PADI TEC SIDEMOUNT
The course can be used as a safe and supervised introduction to the sidemount configuration on your technical dives, either in open water or in caves with Sidemount.
- The theoretical knowledge needed for diving with side mounting..
- Planing and do safe dives with lateral assembly with your current certification levels.
- Equipment identification
- Considerations for configuring Sidemount Tec equipment..
- Entry and Exit Procedures with Sidemount Tec configuration.
Benefits of sidemount Tec:
- With proper configuration of Side Mount a diver can transport several small bottles to the water reducing the weight of diving equipment at surface and during entry and exit.
- Two independent side air sources for emergency situations under water is much faster than backmount (standard set-up of twin-cylinder)
- Better access to the underwater equipment in case of emergencies (air lockdown drills, etc.)
- You can check the manometers easily.
- Easiest and more comfortable to wear the gear and removes the weight of the back and distributes the weight along the sides. Underwater using aluminum bottles is easier to move
- It allows you to enter by many narrower steps easier than with the classic assembly of the twins tank, which is why it is preferred for cave diving.
- Thinner adjustment of buoyancy reaching a perfect trim in any position, essential for diving in caves.
If it is your goal to become a TEC SIDE MOUNT diver and encourage yourself to start this course, you just have to contact us and set dates. Our experts Tec instructors are waiting for you.