What will you learn?
The PADI Tec Trimix Diver course is designed to extend the depth range of technical divers who are already trained and qualified to use air, enriched air and oxygen for technical dives with decompression deeper than 50 meters. Diving with trimix is the extreme limit of technical diving - the maximum depth to use this technology has not yet been defined.
This course is for Tec 50 or Tec Trimix 65 divers (or for divers who have an equivalent certification from another training organization). The course extends the depth range of your abilities by training in the use of trimix (a mixture of helium, oxygen and nitrogen).
What will you do?
- Plan and execute at least five decompression dives using different trimix mixtures
- Use decompression software to create personal dive tables and profiles
- You will do training dives up to a depth of 75 meters
The diving equipment you will use:
- Twin bottles (minimum of 12 l each, preferably larger) with double collector.
- Main and secondary regulators, one of them with a two meter hose for gas exchange
- Decompression bottles with regulator, SPG, assembly hardware and correct labeling / identification.
- Adequate decompression reserve bottles as required by the environment hydrostatic vest and harness - mandatory redundant buoyancy control.
- Depth gauge / computer and depth gauge / replacement computer
- Time device and spare time control device
- Trimix decompression information (trimix tables / computer) in duplicate
- Protective suit appropriate for the environment and duration of the dive.
- Ballast system (if necessary)
- System of inflation of the dry suit with argon or other system of inflation that you need
- Emergency rope (if it were necessary for environments of diving with current)
- Inflatable signaling buoy
- Reels, spool
- Elevator boys (bright yellow or preferred by the local diving community)
- Diving knife / spare cutting tool and slate, spare mask Compass, flashlights (optional)
- Drift kit (if the decompression is drift)
The Tec Trimix Diver work package contains all the materials required for the Tec Trimix program including:
- Stop calculation table
- Trimix adhesive
- Emergency procedures tablet.
The topics covered include:
- Dive depth ranges with trimix Exposure palnification
- Selection of a trimix
- Inflation systems with argon
- Handling three or four decompression bottles Decompression models
- Emergency procedures
- Facial masks and multi-gas computers.
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or have an equivalent certification from another organization and have proof of first aid training and CPR performed in the last two years).
- Be certified as PADI Tec 50 or Tec Trimix 65 (or have an equivalent certification from another training organization)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a minimum of 150 registered dives
- Have a medical certificate signed by a doctor
If it is your goal to become a HYPOXIC TRIMIX DIVER and encourage you to start this course, you just have to contact us to plan your training and set dates. Our expert Tec instructors are waiting for you.